Saturday, August 21, 2010

Sad Update On My Tank

The tank hasn't really changed lately. The polyps are growing in numbers and forming a small colony.
I've been feeding them baby brine shrimp every other day.
I have no medusas though. I am not able to keep them alive for over a week.
The psuedokreisel that the ephyrae were supposed to go in still doesn't work (but I have some ideas of modifying it again)
So when I do get ephyrae, i feed them daily. I put about 4 or 5 in a small water bottle lid with water in it. I dissolve some frozen rotifers in the water too. I put them back in their dish i keep them in about 5 or 6 hours later. They live in a little dish about 5" in diameter with about 3" of water. I give them daily water changes.
Any ideas?

I had hoped that I could have some pictures of 4" moon jellies for you by now. Sorry

But here is a picture of my polyp culture. They are growing on the heater. odd. When I feed them, I have a light up against the glass that attracts the brine shrimp.

Warmer water = more ephyrae. So growing on the heater isn't necessarily a bad thing...


2 comments:

  1. i've been putting mine in a wine glass against something vibrating which seems to work fairly well though i haven't found the proper food quite yet. i'm trying something new this time, i'll let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What food did you use and how'd it go?

    ReplyDelete