Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Doing things right.

I've decided to keep my jellies the right way. For almost a year (or around six months) I've been failing at keeping the ephyra alive. It's because I'm trying to keep them my way. Clearly my way doesn't work. I'm going to have a chat with Jellyfishart.com so they can give me some tips (Thanks Alex!). I'm going find a method of raising jellies that works! So stay tuned. Soon, I'll have a system that works and perhaps some of you may try also.
And I'm losing my polyps for some reason.
There is a thick brown algae growing around them and they are disappearing.
I hope I can pick up this slack!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great! I think my moon jellies bred in the tank so I've been trying to culture some polyps in a dish. I think jellyfishart is a great place and they always have helpful advice. About the algae. If you cant get rid of it. I would try moving the polyps off their colony, dip them in fresh saltwater then move them to a clean dish of saltwater. Bleach the tank, wash it out and set it back up.

    ReplyDelete