Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Schedule!!!


Check out my blog for future updates:

Late April - Early May: I plan to have my chiller!
Late June - early July: I plan to have three moon jellies!

Next year: A Spotted Lagoon and Upside Down Jellyfish tank.

Keep checking in to see my progress!

I have just bought the chiller. I'm a little ahead of schedule!
It's a JBJ Arctica Titanium 1/10 horsepower Chiller


500 visitors so far!!!



If I am able to allow my moon jellies to thrive, I will build a sea nettle tank. It will probably not be too large (maybe 45 gallons at most). I believe that jellyfishart.com would be able to supply me with some pacific sea nettles, but I much prefer the atlantic sea nettles (chrysaora quinquecirrah). I love how they are white with subtile brown stripes. I haven't made up my mind, and plus this is far into the future. Who knows if my moon jellies will be successful. I am also thinking that the tank will possibly be made completely out of acrylic by an aquarium manufacturer. However, I will probably end up making it with a glass tank.


I plan on getting my moon jellies very soon!!!




2 comments:

  1. Do you have any polyps left?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, they all died off after the algae attacked.
    When I get my new moons in a month, I'll be glad to ship you some polyps. However, you'll have to spend quite a while acclimating them, because my temp is at 64F.

    I may make an article on raising baby jellies soon. However, since I was not successful, I may wait until the future to do it.

    ReplyDelete